UBC Pride Picnic Guidelines
Last updated September 4 – Vaccination Clinic Dates.
Capacity & Physical Distancing
- 400 is the limit of people allowed. Expected number of attendees will be limited by giving a maximum of 160 tickets.
- All attendees will be checked for registration and be given a button upon entry.
- Seating will be available for each registrant in the form of picnic blankets placed throughout the area, using all available space.
- Attendees who may bring their own picnic blanket must also place their blanket in such a way that all available space is used.
- Olivia will thoroughly monitor the number of persons present and ensure that the number does not exceed 400.
- Participants will be directed to leave if they are not permitted to attend.
Communication, Masks and Vaccinations
- Everyone must follow all relevant signage.
- Everyone must do a self-health assessment upon arriving UBC.
- Everyone will be asked to wear masks while not eating/drinking.
- Everyone must stay home if they are sick.
- Masks will be provided to those who do not have one.
- Everyone is encouraged to get vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will not be required to attend. A vaccination clinic is operating on campus on September 8-9.
- Hand sanitizers will be within easy reach of food/drinks.
- Posters and announcements will be made to remind people to sanitize their hands before touching food/drinks.
- High touch surfaces near food/drinks will be frequently cleaned and sanitized.
- Hand sanitizers will always be easily available to attendees.
- The nearby gender-inclusive washrooms at the Old Barn Community Centre will be available to attendees. We will ensure they have running water, soap, and paper towels.
All of our indoor organized events will require proof of vaccination through the BC Vaccine Card. We will follow all COVID-19 health and safety protocols set out by UBC and the Government of British Columbia.